Federated Co-operatives Limited and the Co-operative Retailing System are helping tomorrow’s ag leaders get a head start on their careers. The Excellence in Ag Program is a unique scholarship and internship opportunity that helps finance a student’s education, provide valuable field experience, and build their professional career in the agribusiness industry. Up to four students studying agriculture or business at an accredited institution will enter the program every year.
Consider the benefits of applying for the Excellence in Ag Program.
The scholarship has a value of up to $20,000, with up to $5,000 per year paid over a maximum of four years.
Paid summer internships will be available for up to three years at a retail co-operative in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.
Upon successful completion of post-secondary education, students have the opportunity for full-time employment — including a signing bonus — at a retail co-operative.
Eligibility and application
All applicants must be entering or already enrolled in a diploma or degree program in agriculture or business at an accredited post-secondary institution.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Proof of enrolment in a post-secondary institution or conditional letter of acceptance
- Transcript of academic record
- Two letters of reference from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, supervisor or mentor (with at least one being from a work supervisor)
- 500 word essay or video on one of the following options:
- Co-operatives and their impact on local communities
- The future of agriculture in Western Canada
- The best coach or teacher you have had and what made them a great leader or mentor
Each application will be reviewed and vetted by a selection committee. Only finalists will be contacted for an interview. For detailed application information please reference the Excellence in Ag Program Brochure.
EXCELLENCE AT WORK