Federated Co-operatives Limited and the Co-operative Retailing System are helping tomorrow’s ag leaders get a head start on their careers. The Excellence in Ag Program is a unique scholarship and internship opportunity that helps finance a student’s education, provide valuable field experience, and build their professional career in the agribusiness industry.
Consider the benefits of applying for the Excellence in Ag Program.
Scholarships are awarded in instalments of $2000–$4000 annually up to a maximum of $16,000 towards an applicable degree and completion of the program.
Paid internships will be available for up to three years in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or Alberta. During this internship, students will be fully integrated into the Agro Team at a retail co-operative.
Eligibility and application
All applicants must be entering or already enrolled in a diploma or degree program in agriculture or business at an accredited post-secondary institution.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Proof of enrolment in a post-secondary institution or conditional letter of acceptance
- Transcript of academic record
- Two letters of reference from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, supervisor or mentor (with at least one being from a work supervisor)
- 500 word essay or video on one of the following options:
- Co-operatives and their impact on local communities
- The future of agriculture in Western Canada
- The best coach or teacher you have had and what made them a great leader or mentor
EXCELLENCE AT WORK